View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 04:34 PM

Default I will never understand this play

maybe that's why I don't play in tournaments much

<font color="blue">The two players to my left had approximately $6000 in chips left. Both players did not play unless they had a hand like AT or a medium pair or better. I was down to $2200 with the blinds at $600-300 with a $100 ante. Everyone folded to me on the button.

I decided that the cards I was holding didn't matter. These guys were not going to risk their chips so close to the money unless they had a real hand, so I pushed in my chips, which was still a big enough raise for neither of them to get involved. The small blind thinks for quite a while, I thought he was going to fold because he thought about it so long, but he calls me. He's got a pair of 9s and I have 68 unsuited.</font>

So, you go for a steal from the button, where you are more likely going to be seen as stealing... and you don't even check your cards to see if stealing here has any outs in case two 3x stacks with blind money in already might call you to knock you out, this close to the money.

And this makes sense... as opposed to looking, deciding the play would be more effective with only the new BB to worry about? I think I give up the extra $100 here and wait for another hand.