View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 07:55 AM

Default Re: $300 satellite, near final table

[ QUOTE ]
My image is medium, nothing special, I don't think these players notice one way or the other anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I find that even bad/mediocre players will notice how often you are stealing the blinds or how often you have gone in preflop. If you have been conservative in both of those categories, then I don't mind a push here. I also don't mind folding because 33 is not that great against a random hand. You have just over 10 BB so you could try to raise it up to 4500-5000, but I would say that with your stack you're almost inviting a re-raise by doing so given that you're covered by both the blinds and you said the players were loose-aggressive.

It's really hard to give you a concrete, "this is the correct play" answer without knowing all your opponents' habits. Personally, I'd rather pass on this type of situation and wait for better spots (given that I have no read on your opponents, the table dynamic, etc.). You still have enough for a few orbits, and you'll probably pick up a better hand to go in with.

Moving in from the button will definitely look more suspect to the big stacks. When it gets down to so few players, I realize the strategy may be that you have to get a lot more chips for a top 5 finish, but in my experience it's just as important to be patient and wait for loose players like you described to make mistakes and move up a few spots.

Well, how'd it go?