View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Cool it.....

I am going to give you a reasonable answer to your query however your cynicism is not well received.

In MTT's your best bet is to limp as often as possible when the blinds are low compared to the chip stacks when you have playable hands (medium suited connectors, pocket pairs, suited aces etc.). Just take a 'hit it or fold it' approach after the flop. This will give you the best chance to get ahead, however you will have times where you just dwindle yourself off to nothing (I just finished a tourney on party where I had 10 medium pocket pairs in the first two rounds and didn't win a single pot with them, I finished poorly as you might guess).

Tournaments are high variance, meaning there is a significant luck factor, especially early. With this strategy you will bust out early often, but if you win a few pots early you can build a stack and be able to steal blinds in the middle stages of the event.

The alternative to limping a lot is to wait for something like a top-5 hand and try to double up, but that doesn't always come and when it does a lot of time you get no action when you have a tight table image.

There is a wealth of information on the site, and I would highly suggest you refrain from pissing off the respected posters on this forum. This topic has been discussed with relative frequency (I actually started a thread on it recently). The point is before you post use the search function and see if your question has already been answered. No one likes repeating themselves.

PG