View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 2+2 AudioBooks?? Mason?

I've created my own 2+2 audiobooks and listen to them on my ipod. I use three items to create the mp3s:
1. C-Pen 800C
2. TextAloud MP3 TextAloud MP3
3. Neospeech Voices
I basically scan in the text word for word, do a spell check to fix any errors, then manually update the text to correct [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] symbols to s, d, h, c. I’ve also created a custom dictionary so that hands like AKs will be spoken as Ace King suited and hands such as 8h6d will be read as Eight of Hearts, Six of Diamonds. I am an amateur VB.Net programmer (I wrote a SSH preflop quizzer and Sklansky Tournament System programs, but that is a topic for a different day), so it made creating the dictionary for every possible 2-card combination easier than typing 1326 separate entries.
I know this sounds like quite a bit of work, but I travel often and exercise 4 times per week, so I have a lot of time to listen to them.

My 2+2 audiobook library currently contains:
SSH Notes (created by me)
SSH Starting Hands
SSH Hand Quizzes
SSH Q&A
TPFAP Q&A
Sklansky, The Video (stripped out the video and converted to mp3)

I also have some other misc poker mp3s, mostly by Mike Caro (3-4 hours worth). Finally, I have the chapter summaries for ITH. I have about 25 poker books, so I will be adding to my collection.

New York Jet

P.S. Please don't request copies or samples (Mason would be an exception to this).