View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Yet another Fantasy Football question...

I'm in a 10-team, start 2 QB league (rough stuff, QB's are actually in higher demand than RB's in this league...) Scoring is a little different as well, where TD's are progressively worth more as the distance of the play increases, going from 6 points for a TD <9 yards, and increasing by a point by roughly every 9 yards. QB Yardage is scored 1pt/40 yards.

Now that the background information is out of the way, here's where I'm torn...

I have Manning, Hasselbeck, and Rattay. Manning is obviously an easy start against the Chiefs, and could single handedly win me my game this week, but I'm still not sure who to plug into my second slot.

Hasselbeck is simply a stud. I hate sitting studs, however he's been in a pretty bad slump as of late, and coming off an attrocious week against 'Zona. Lastly, Matt is facing a Panthers defense that is ranked 6th in the league in yardage, and first in passing touchdowns against. Ouch.

Rattay, on the other hand, is facing a Chicago defense that isn't nearly as good at defending the pass. However, they are MUCH worse at defending the run -- one of the worst in the league -- and I can see Barlow taking quite a few carries in this one. Somehow, Rattay is still begging me for a start in this one. He's coming off of a bye week, which is a huge plus. Not to mention the fact that at least his QB rating is 90+, compared to Hasselbecks putrid 69.6...

What do you guys think? Will Hasselbeck break out of it this week, or do I give the ball to the consistant Rattay?