View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: QKs in bad position

I can't see KQs folding for that tiny raise here, especially with money so deep. On the flop I would reraise to $30 and then be done with it if he came over the top. Very few hands other than AK or better can call a reraise on the flop. You may even fold out AK. If he cold calls you, only continue if you improve to a Q for two pair -- spiking a K probably will not improve you to the best hand.

You must be disciplined on the turn if you are to make this play and are called.

Here's my reasoning:

Your half-sized bet on the flop does not show strength and the opponent may be testing your resolve; the reraise shows the potential for you to have a set or overpair -- this is usually how I play a set except with a smaller reraise or a bigger bet out on the flop. Also, he almost surely does not have a set. Sets do not raise that big on that non-threatening a board.

I like the limp and call preflop, and I actually like the small bet on the flop because it gives you the option to reraise cheap. I think you will take down his pot 75% of the time.