View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Internet Texas Hold\'em: Poker Concepts II (pg 51-72)

[ QUOTE ]
I've commented many times on these forums that Hilger copied much material from Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players and Middle Limit Poker and gave virtually no credit to his sources. In this section is one of the most flagrant examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things seem much less clear to me than they do to you. Although I am sure that these are essentially the same concepts, I am not so sure that this leads to conclusion that the material was borrowed from your book. Hilger claims that his hand examples were taken from actual hands that he played in, so it is certainly possible that a strikingly similar situation came up for him in 2000 as came up for you in 1986 and that he came to the same conclusions that you did.

Perhaps you are aware of a great many of these similar examples and in the aggregate they lead you to conclude that it cannot be coincidence. If many such examples were posted, I would be forced to re-evaluate this question.

A problem however, is that I believe that many smart people come to similar tactical conclusions because certain situations occur often and there is only one correct decision. Given that many of your books were the first ones to address many (most?) of these situations, it may be that seemingly derivitive material is inevitable in future works by other authors.