View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Hand 1 and Hand 2

hand 1: i really don't like the call on the flop. you have a big hand right now, but a 7, J, or Q kills it. a 6, 8, 9, or T would also be unfortunate for you (6 kills action, 8-T might lose you the pot).

if you fold to the initial min-raise that's WAYYYYY too tight. you have the 3rd nut right now, but it's vulnerable. definite raise.

and then an easy call when the SB pushes the turn. the A is a great card for you - one of the few that leaves you with the 3rd nut (if you don't think the SB would complete J7o, you essentially have the 2nd nut). it also can make someone a 2 pair hand, as someone else said.

also, there's no reason to think of SB's push as an "overbet." he goes all-in for $83 into a $57 pot, which is less that 1.5x pot. he's not going to pot it on the turn and leave himself with $26 behind for the river - that's just a bet. which you should call.

i'd raise, but i'm not sure it's the right play. my tendency has been to slow-play only very rarely (almost never when there is a 2-flush, and especially not with 2 broadway cards [b/c of str8]). if reraised, i'd be okay with getting all the chips in here and hoping to see an overplayed AA/AK (or KQ if he has loose pre-flop raising standards).