View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Seriously?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys really think his hand is strong enough to raise on the flop? He won't knock anyone out unless BB 3-bets, and that isnt exactley a good thing. What do you really find out by raising and having everyone call? His kicker isnt even playing on that board, so he is chopping with any worse ace and losing to any better. There are a lot of unfavorable draws. I also wouldnt be suprised if the blind made two pair with the flop. Calling the flop is a must with your backdoor flush, but that turn totally killed your hand. Even if I'm wrong on this hand (considering many posts are from people who make mistakes, ie you would have won had you called), I still like this line.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of those raise or fold situations. Like everyone else said, he could be behind and drawing to 3 outs or he could be ahead. He just doesn't know and calling is one way to waste some bets on the turn/river. Although I will concede that his kicker is definitely bad and against bad players this play won't necessarily tell him where he stands as far as kickers go.