View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: 5-10 PL at the Borg

how was the game? any interesting hands?

I had a blast in that game. I originally sat down to start up a 40/80 game but it didn't go. Then the 2/5 NL game was trying to get the PL game going and the table I was sitting at, became it. The group was very interesting; they all seemed to know each other and were very funny/friendly. The game, itself was great and it was an interesting experience for a tight-limit-player being stuck between two LAGs and on a table where everyone else knows each other names.

On hand went like this and was the funniest moment of the night:

I'm in the 2 seat, the 1 seat is unoccupied and one of the outgoing-LAGs is in the 10 seat. I'm in the BB w/AQs. 4 limpers to the LAG in the SB who I knew would pounce w/nearly anything, raises to $50 as he looks out at the bunch of limpers-grinnin, I quickly raise to $150 and he snaps his neck to the left as he looks down at me and goes, "awe-$hit forgot about you down there" as everyone laughs and his buddy says, "now you're fcked, he's got a real-hand and you don't". The limpers fold and he calls. The flop was KQx, he checks and I bet $250, he looks at me, looks at the board, looks at me and says, "why the fck do I have to be heads up w/you in this hand" as he mucks. He then says, "I'm not sure if you wanted me to have a King, or not on that hand." and I say, "Good, I played perfectly." He says, "maybe, but you played that perfectly." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I put in a solid 7hrs in this game, they were real fun to play with and booked a nice win.

Go Sox!
-Joe Tall