View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: I\'m A Poker Expert!

After my really bad run in the 15, I played 10,000 hands of PP 3/6 to get my head straightened out. So, fresh from the trenches:

[ QUOTE ]

3. Win the pot unimproved? So many limpers seeing the limper-loving-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If the flop raise bumps the rest of the guys off, which it does a not insignificant amount of the time, a turn bet will sometimes fold EP bettor. For whatever reason, EP betting into the PFR on a flop like this with rags that missed it or a 3 that they change their mind about calling down with seems to be a pretty popular play. You are also going to get hands like 77-44, 22 to fold some of the time when they would have called the whole way down for one bet at a time.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Free card is a great benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but because an EP bet is so meaningless in these games from many players--and because a turn checkraise is so unheard of from most players--I tend to bet this turn again if the flop raise gets it heads up.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Cleaning up outs? 9J 9Ks aren't folding, the only hands you are knocking out are random overcards which would have a turn redraw on you when you make pair yet those not worth much. These hands would have also folded to your turn bet when you make pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleaning up one pair outs seems like it's not the biggest concern with these cards in this situation. Sometimes you are going to blow AJ or KQ off of the pot, though. You're also going to get people who would have turned a pair with a2c to fold many times when EP bettor is on total crap. It's certainly a benefit of the raise, especially blowing off 6 or more outs drawing against you the times you're ahead or going to fold EP when behind.

scrub