View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Refutation to Abdul preflop tactics

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was *not* quite as satisfied with the postflop play, which tends to be straightforward and even tightish. TTHE players do not do a great job of protecting their hands, semibluffing, taking free cards, or considering pot size when determining whether to make a marginal call. They also miss some check-raising, slowplaying, and value betting opportunities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me as though the TTHE players aren't playing as profitable as the better players at the 15? If that's true, then the hands you listed as profitable to limp with UTG should be even more profitable for a good 15 player?

But how accurate is the comparison between limping and raising UTG be when the post-flop play is less than optimized?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a mixed bag. The TTHE opponents don't play quite as well postflop as typical Party 15/30 players, but "you" (the UTG raiser in the experiment) don't play quite as well as a typical 2+2er would either. I certainly wouldn't play a lot of hands that the simulation results *don't* recommend, although the small pairs might be an exception.