View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Re: can you call this?

2 comments about your reply -

First, I really have no idea what you mean by "K9/KT - 8 ways each - 16 combos" or really any part of your mathematical analysis. Perhaps you could explain it to me?

Second, I don't think you really read my whole post. I was simply giving some possibilities that a typical tight, aggressive player would be holding assuming that the original poster was also a T/A player. However, the real "crux" of my post was that it's impossible to tell without knowing the player and knowing what the other player knows about the original poster. Like I said, his hand is apparent assuming he is a reasonable player and wouldn't play anything worse than KJo from EP (you may feel like anything as bad as K7s or so is reasonable, but I don't). If the poster has been getting pushed off of many hands that MAY have been the best hand, then CO-1 could just bluff at this with any two - then it's a very easy call. However, if CO-1 has built up his large stack by playing some good hands very well, then it's an easy fold - especially if hero has gone to a showdown with a questionable kicker a few times before. If that was the case and I were CO-1 with something like KQs, then I would definately go all-in and hope that hero would call with a K and a worse kicker.