View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Why should I vote?

[ QUOTE ]
Again, is it really good for the country when people who don't understand the issues vote? I know the easy answer is, "start understanding the issues", but I don't see that as part of the "Rock the Vote" or "Vote or Die" slogans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it this way. Sure MTV is doing their "Rock the Vote" thing trying to get as many uninformed people to pretend they matter. Yippie. But do you really think the next time Viacom needs to pick a CEO is just going to run out into the streets and try to get as many random people as the can to help them make the decision? Of course not. They'd end up with J-Lo or someone running the place.

If you don't feel you know enough about the candidates and the issues to vote, please please please stay home on election day. There's nothing wrong with you. You're not a bad person. Just be a concientious non-voter and don't let any snobby "get-out-the-vote" moron look down on you for it.

If you've got better things to do than keep up with politics, that's perfectly okay. I won't be voting for any sports hall of fame people. It's just not something I keep up with, and I'd have no business casting a ballot.