View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Re: can you call this?

Well, here is my answer in short - "Who the hell is CO-1??"

Here is my answer in long - I have no idea who this guy is. He has more than tripple what he started with so he was obviously involved in at least a few big hands. How has be been playing? How have you been playing? This is really one of those situations where you have to play the man and not the cards. I have seen some people pull this play with KTs, QQ, JJ, K9o (imagine that) just as often as I have seen people pull this play holding AA,KK,AK or KQ. I have also seen players try this holding jack diddly [censored]. You dominate the first 4 and the second 4 dominate you - you only split once every 9 times against a completely unknown player. So, I return to my initial answer "Who the hell is CO-1???!!!"

However, let's look at it this way. You just bet 5/6 the pot into 5 other players first in so if I were CO-1 I would have to assume that you were holding AT LEAST a K with a reasonable kicker. You limped first in so I would put you on KQs if you were a passive player, or KJ or possibly KTs if you were a loose player (which you are - KJo is a crappy hand to play from EP). Therefore, your hand is COMPLETELY apparent. If I were CO-1, I would go all-in with any two cards if I felt that there was a reasonable chance that you would fold. If not, I would only go all-in w/ AK,KQ or AA and would wait till later to raise with KK or A2s. Note that AA and KK are unlikely holdings since he probably would have raised pre-flop with those. In conclusion, unless you are easy to push off a hand, he is holding KQ,KJ or AK and the best you could hope for is a split. This all assumes that he is not an idiot or a maniac.