View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Do you guys take a few days off every so often....

I have a full time job and probably play anywhere from 8-20 hours a week. I get in grooves of not playing very well and make myself take some time off. Here's what's happened the last 2 days that makes me think I should take a break.

Played in 3 tournaments:

First Tourney: Hit 4 7's early and hit a big pot. Then KK loses to AK, KJ (2 pair) loses to set. To finsh me, shortstacked all-in with JJ, get called by AA. 25th out of 100.

2nd tourney: Play like crap. Second best hand to many times. 60th out of 100.

3rd tourney: $20, 50 people. Hit a set and played well, about 6th in chips with 20 to go. The big stacks trying to push the table around (he's right beside me to my right). Everyone folds to him. He has 45k, I have 28k. He raise for the 50th time to 1,200, I'm on the button, reraise to 4k with AQs. BB makes it 10k and is all-in. I call, A8 vs. AQ. I lose. Later, I make a few raises with AJ, KQ, and people reraise me all-in. Like a puss I fold them all, although each time they said they had me..hmmmm.

Finally, everyone folds to big stack, he raises again to 2k, I reraise him all-in to 20k. He calls me with A,2o. Unfortunitely, I have 10,4s. Good buddy missed the flush draw I picked up on the flop. Out 11th. How's the guy call me with that? Oh well.

I need a break. Any comments or similar experiences? I know there was a good portion of my play that sucked, but feel free to flame me.