View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: 99 on button. Hello all (first post :) )

I was thinking something like this:

Often when I have been in this "position" I have been closer to the bettor and have had callers behind me. So by raising I may have gotten some of them to fold. Now everyone will call anyways, and against 3 callers i didn't feel pocket pair was that strong. I also didn't feel my hand was strong enough to bet for value, which I think now was the wrong assumption. Because I should be ahead. So I thought I would just call and see what the turn would bring. Maybe I might get a flush or straight draw to my nines. I was ready to fold to a overcard.

I usually don't think this much before a play, but on this hand I for some reason did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

It has not gone that well so far when I have been working on my aggression so at times I get a bit cowardly.

Thx for making me think about the play. The moore I think the moore I wonder why I didn't raise. I had two backdoor draws and a pocket over pair or what you could call it.

By the way what position is CO it's the one next to the button right? Been wondering that for some time [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]