View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: My thoughts on improving the Micro-Limit Forum

All of the above are IMO really good ideas.

I'm a newcomer to these forums, and I was delighted to find them. I have already picked up several pointers that I am sure are helping me to improve my game. However, I often find myself unsure of which posts to read since so many of them seem almost indistinguishable from one another. I have a lot less time than I wish I did to read/post here, and I suspect there are many others in the same boat. Thus, anything that could help to reduce the "forum clutter" would benefit everybody.

The idea may strike some as elitist, but I'd be in favor of having a simple quiz based on Pre-requisite Reading Material (PRM) as a condition of posting on some forums. The quiz need not be too long or too cryptic - say, about as difficult as the section quizzes at traffic school (shut up! I'm a good driver! I am ! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

Of course, all of this would require a certain amount of labor for the webmasters, forum administrator, and/or whomever they entrusted with the task of compiling the PRM and the quiz. It may be all too easy for me to just float this kind of idea out there even though I've only been on here for a couple of weeks, so let's hear what you all think. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]