View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: I\'m Depressed and Don\'t Want To Play

Hi Gata,

Here's my advice:

[ QUOTE ]
how to move on after being raped by fish by bad beat after bad beat yesterday

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, go home, let it out somehow, yell, scream, cry or be like me and go online and shoot some frickin' Germans in Call of Duty! Then, tell yourself it's going to keep happening. Fish will suck out, Bad beats will happen (to you and for you).

Here's something that helps me mentally: Remember the most ridiculous suckout, bad beat that you ever laid on someone and that will make you feel better because then you know what goes around..comes around.

[ QUOTE ]
It just seems like I should give up and not play. Should I take a break or fight back today and get it back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we all get that feeling. But are you really a quitter? You can quit if you don't have the mentality for it. It's a lot of mental toughness. Or you can learn, apply it, move on and make yourself better and stronger. The choice is yours.

If you are good at the game, and quit this easily, then you are not as good as you think.

I tell you something that almost made me quit! It's not bad beats, bad slumps, or how much I've lost. It's about my family that hates me playing cards, it's my 2 x's that hate me playing cards, it's my peers that see this as a taboo. It's about a society that views poker as some degenerate sport where a bunch of guys have nothing better to do than play with these 52 cards and take each other's money. Stuff like that really bugs me and almost made me wanna quit..and guess what? I'm still here as are tons of other pros/casual players. Keep fighting Gata, don't give up so easily because your gonna give up on everything else too.