View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: My thoughts on improving the Micro-Limit Forum

This post should get read by all posters of this forum. Especially pre-flop questions. I can understand a few questions regarding preflop hand selection (mainly involving speculative hands with a lot of limpers...no one has really come up with definitive evidence that a raise or call is better here) but the fact is, a post asking about JTo UTG isn't really contributing to the forum - especially when there have been so many questions like that (we're all guilty of this) and any book will tell you basically the same thing.

Post-flop play is the most important, and most complex, part of this game. None of us who play at the micros are masters at it, but we should certainly all try to help each other. The fact that I can post a hand and get criticized (with great arguments) makes me a better player - and makes anyone who reads the animated discussions better players too.

Pokertracker is, in all honesty, a must have for all players. I cannot tell you how many times it has paid for itself over and over again over the past month and a half (I used it for tournaments before then, but it's really a lot better for ring games). If you don't have it, and you want to improve your game, go get it. Period.

And John - thank you for your insight on this forum. Everyone brings some insight - and I really enjoy reading your take on hands...

Ajax