View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Why are most poker players liberal?

There is a post a little lower that asks a very similar question, though, in a more deragotory way. You should check the posts there, but i'll give you the rational i gave him... (i do'nt know how to reference a post)

"Well-thought, educated post buddy. I agree with the above poster that i am more for not bush than for kerry. It involves weighing out the pros vs. the cons. The basis of your arguement is based on partism and is simply trying to generalize something that is really more specific. There are a group of people that fit in to just a far left, however, i don't think those are near the majority of democractic or more left than right posters. A guess to why you find so many so called "liberal" poker players is that if I were to characterize G.W.Bush as a poker player i would consider him to have the following qualities:
-Emotional rather than educated/mathematical in his decisions (ex. imposes his religious views on state decisions)
-Calling station (Ex. Won't "flip-flop" on any decision, even if he finds out that he is playing a losing hand. Isn't being stubborn on the wrong idea just so much better than admitting a wrongdoing?)
-Bad table image (Ex. Pisses off the rest of the world and, similarily, loses his table respect)
-Poor money management (ex. forget about the jobs loss, umm.. deficit?)
-Lack of Disciplin (Ex. Went to Yale after graduating from top middle and high schools, and couldn't go to enough class or do enough work to learn how to speak, read, or logically think. The war in iraq, while i do agree with its purpose, could've waited a bit a longer=No disciplin. Including, also, the lack of personal effort he puts into his job and policies; we can thank god for the republican adminstartion for taking care of that problem or we'd all be screwed)

There is more, but i am tired. I'd, lastly, like to just say that you shouldn't try to discourage the liberals from speaking out because that is what an educating discussion is comprised of. I think people often even challenge the right and present the left opinion just for the sake of debate and knowledge rather than political belief."