View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Re: HH3 - Second Place (Part 2)

Maybe I shouldn't be posting advice considering my recent results in 20+2 SNGs but here goes:

In your first hand I think limping with 33 is fine (no, not b/c u would have flopped 4 of a kind) for 15 chips. You have huge implied odds if you hit your set and it's an easy hand to get away with to any substantial preflop raise.

I think on level 4 you are UTG 5-handed with AJo -- can't you go allin here for value, or is the possibility of getting called to high?

You call an allin with J2o I believe as a short stack on level 7 -- is this the right play? Does one call the big stack SB with anything here? It seems waiting may be in order as you certainly are some sort of decent dog.

You are on the button at some point late with K8s and I think you can steal or even bet this hand for value due to your stealing equity.

Then you go allin in the SB with 7Ts one orbit later which seems extreme. Do you bet any two cards in the SB 4-handed against another medium stack?

Heads up I think you can wait for a better hand than T8o -- although the blinds are awfully high.

I don't see anything *I'd* call a major mistake and think you played decently.

This all comes with the disclaimer that my ROI in 200+ 20+2 play has gone from 40% for my first 70 or so down to -4.5% even though I think recently I've been playing well. It usually seems like I'm outplaying my opponents but it's one OOTM streak after another. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]