Thread: Tourney post
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Tourney post

Aussie Millions Qualifier on PP 42 players, only first place gets paid.

I guess I'm used to $10 SNG's. It took an hour to get rid of the 1st player out. L1 & L2, there'd be 3, maybe 4 to see the flop, and a min raise would take the pot. Naturally, I was getting 7 5 suited, Q 3 off, I did manage to see the flop from the BB with JT and flop a T. Bet 30 into an 80-chip pot and they folded like flies. About 45 minutes (seemed like an hour and a half) of this, I have about 1150 in chips, I get a KK on the button (L3, blinds 15/30) I raise to 75, get one caller, flop is something like J-high rags, I bet 100, out he goes) next hand, AQs, I raise to 75, all fold. Next hand KJ offsuit UTG, I fold. Next hand, AK offsuit in BB, MP limps, LP limps, SB folds, I raise to 150. EP calls, all fold. Flop is all low, I bet 75, EP goes all in. For some reason I though he might have been stealing with something like AQ, AJs, so I called, he flips over QQ and I'm down to 220. Mepps

I work my way back to 500 or so, get AA, raise to 125 and the guy to my immediate left goes all in. I wish him luck, call and now I have 1050 or so. An orbit or so later, I have JJ UTG, raise to 125, Same guy goes all in for 325. LP calls. Sh-t. I might have called him, but what's she calling with? I hadn't seen anything out of line from her, yet. I'm pretty sure she thought he had a good PP, his only other big PF bet was the JJ from a few hands ago.I fold. He shows 9's, she shows T's, neither of them improve. #%$!!.

Level 4, I get T9s on the button. EP limps, MP min raises, a caller, I call, blinds fold, flop is TT2. MP goes all in. She shows AA, Turn is an A and bye-bye Gar, out in 23rd.

I thought I was doing OK, until I folded those jacks. I'm thinking now I should have pushed, but I've done that before and been showed 2 better hands. Maybe I should be wearing a pink shirt and matching socks...

Anyway, it was sure different than what I'm used to seeing from Party folk. A lot of it had to do with, I think, this was a $300 buy-in satellite, and a lot of us had won a seat in a $10 MTT and were in over our heads.

Well, thanks for listening.

Regards,

Gar