View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 05:38 AM

Default Re: A quick note about \"rareness\" of bets

[ QUOTE ]
with a few assumptions on pot size if you win

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you are assuming something doesn't make it so.

I believe you are greatly exaggerating the number of times that you will get beaten by set over set.

FWIW, I have already stated that there will actually be times that your TT takes it unimproved as hard as this may be to believe.

You had already stated that you had not read the post-flop section yet but you are already making assumptions that Ed has a fit-or-fold mentality regarding the TT. If you had read the post-flop section you would find that he most certainly would not recommend playing it this way.

I think you made assumptions about needing to flop a set or ditch it...I don't recall too many agreeing with you. although, I don't remember too many going out of their way to disagree with this either except yours truly....but I did admittedly skim through a lot of the posts in the previous thread so if you really did have a lot of supporters for the philosophy "Obviously you ditch it right away if you don't flop a set" then I wouldn't be too surprised (although I certainly wouldn't agree).