View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Re: how to solve certain problems with the ICM (an algorithm)

Yes, of course!

Your message is quite helpful -- I may have been getting confused by the % and decimal numbers but I've got it now.

I was a philosophy major, can ya tell? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Then yes, 10% would be way too huge to pass up while .1% (or .001) would be marginal to say the least (especially if your read on the opponent is suspect). .05 (or 5%) must be fairly definitive because it's +$5 decision -- huge for a 10+1 game where even the best players probably won't be able to profit much more than $5/tourny.

I definitely think that shorthanded I need to be rasing allin for value more as there is steal equity, most of the time I won't be dominated (just a slight-somewhat underdog), and the blinds are a significant percentage of my stack. Still, sometimes it's hard going all-in with K4o for value when it seems like such a dog to hands that will call (and at the 20+2 lewel I'm at it is hard to tell who will start calling shorthanded with semi-crappy hands).

Thanks for the help, I will definitely be using the ICM/PokerCalculator combo more in my search for the most +EV (or least -EV) decisions.

Again, thanks for your help!