Thread: Foxwoods 10/20
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20

Careful here.. This hand is a mild disaster at best. Definitely raise pre-flop and do your best to win the pot from there on. Betting straight out like that on each street does very little and you let yourself get outplayed there on the river. Checking on the BB and betting each street isn't an awfully strong move I could expect to be attacked on the river by quite a range of AX hands some not even holding two pair so call I must since I'm definitely going to be good enough of the time.

I'd suggest a heart to heart here. The play here seems typical to me of someone that isn't quite ready for the level of play or limit as even though his depicted read clearly depicts a pre-flop raise he checks and then he hits the flop and just bets out in a rather non-sophisticated mannerism later giving his opponents too much on the river forfeiting a pot. I don't mean to knock you or anything but think about what happened in this pot and realize its time to hit the books or do something. This is a basic situation...