Thread: Foxwoods 10/20
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20

As usual, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Preflop, I considered raising, and I agree that I should have.

I considered checkraising also but didn't because I didn't want it to be checked through - lots of flops had been checked through.

I think that, had I kept my mouth shut the whole time, folding the river the way I played it would be correct - especially at foxwoods. I said the SB was TAG but that is for foxwoods standards. There was a hand earlier where he had AA and then checkcalled the turn after being raised on the flop. (nonthreatening draw heavy board) He claimed he was going to raise the river when I asked him why he didn't reraise the flop or raise the turn. He played a JJ overpair hand in simliar fashion later on.

Honestly, I don't think this guy would think to exploit the fact that I am frustrated and ready to fold especially since the old lady is in there too. I completely expected her to call the last bet but I think she folded because I seemed sure that he or she had KJ and she didn't want to look dumb by calling. I think that the vast majority of the players at foxwoods would not 3-bet there without a straight or a set and a set doesn't seem too likely. If the SB took all of this into account and 3-bet with god knows what and expected both of us to fold, then... he is one smart man.

I was worried when that A came on the river and was going to bet and call a raise. Checking may have been better.

Thanks for the comments.