View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Whining Venting post, kindly ignore, just boring bad beats.

My gambling day began cheering on the Astros to clinch against the Braves.
I thought they might struggle here and posted as such, but I love the Astros and have a couple of futures in them so I didn't want to bet that.

I have my normal 4-team (0.10 units) parlay on my picks and notice that I've messed up and put the steelers in.
Oh well, they win and I think my luck has changed.

Also had the Bills for 1 unit on the money line and the cards for 2 units to beat the 9ers, with a 1pt start.

The Bills managed to give up a 1 point lead with three minutes to go, which wasn't a huge surprise, but slightly annoying, but hey, the Cards were 16 points up.

14 points later from the 9ers and they have a reviewed touchdown.
Thankfully nfl.com said the touchdown was reversed and i figured that at least my big bet of the day was going to cheer me up.
A couple of minutes later the TD is back in as scored, but the PAT is missed, i happily go away to get a coke to celebrate.
I come back and find that an incomplete PAT is worth 2 points anyway, cards lose the coin toss.
Thankfully SF goes three and out in OT, then another nfl.com special appears, this time a roughing the passer penalty, spotted by the site a few seconds after they noticed the pass was incomplete.

Of course SF go on to score and win the game, killing every bet I had left standing in the process.

puke.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of your life reading this, it was needed.

Lori