View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 60k in 60 Days: Season 2 - Day 37 and 38

[ QUOTE ]

Response 2: “Nope. If you like money, you better get to my tables. I’m having a firesale on my chips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]”
- Sounds bitchy and sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You always give me that one, I only assume because you want another big suck-out fish at your table.

[ QUOTE ]
Then THE hand happens. I open-raise with KJo, and am called by CO and the SB. I bet at a flop of 779r, and CO calls. When another 9 comes on the turn, I decide my best line of play is check-raise my opponent, who will certainly auto-bet if I check to him. Welp, he 3bet me, I folded, and I bring the hand up to Schneids and a few other players. I spend 10 minutes arguing with the guy, convinced that my play was correct. Finally, after Schneids et al give up on me, I stop, shake my head, and realize I’m riding the short bus.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little more background that you neglected to include, and only mentioned to me at about the 8-minute point of our argument: Recently in the session you played TPTK this style against the guy.

I think this fact makes your play even worse, since by check raising him on the turn with a strong hand that should make your future checks earn you a more straight forward response on the turn... The guy will become afraid you are trying to check raise him again and therefore only bet his stronger hands. Anyway, I still to this day feel you have a clear bet/fold on the turn or else check/fold. I only like the checkraise if you actually have a 9.