View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Using personal Laptop in internet cafes?

You just need a wireless card that you can pick-up at a computer fix-it shop for $80 or so.
If your laptop is new it should likely already come with wireless capabilities.

I don't know much about it but it's pretty easy (as long as my computer isn't acting weird).
Just turn on your computer and the card connects to the wirless-internet signal.
I can log it via AOL or whatever if I want....or it will just directly connect to whatever internet-explorer page I want to access.

There's an internet-coffee place down the street from my abode and I head down there a couple times a week. Sit on their patio and watch traffic (automotive and people variety) go by while multi-tabling with an iced-latte or whatever. Pretty nice change of pace from sitting at home clicking away for several hours.

This is really basic stuff as I'm terrible with computers. but you really don't have to know more than I do to connect wirelessly.
You could probably ask someone who's on their computer if you wanted.

Most of the Dell laptops have wireless cards already in them. I think the HP's and other brands do as well. If you already have a laptop you should be able to get a card for it.