View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: WWF showmanship in poker tourneys

[ QUOTE ]
Intro music...

[Fireworks] "Introducing Daniel Negreanu, with manager Antonio Esfandiari!!!!!" [/Fireworks]

<Jim Ross> Daniel is down to a 2 outer on the river Vince. <Vince Van Patten> Here it comes, the river, the cash card, the hot tamale. <Jim Ross>Oh My God!!! Antonio has just hit the dealer over the head with steel chair! They are raining down kicks on the dealer! This is a sickening display. [Fossilman Music] <jim ross> what? what? That's Greg Raymer's music! He's not supposed to be here, this is a WPT event, he is on the WSOP roster! [Raymer enters the room in glittery outfit with the lizzard glasses on and promptly gives a frog splash to Daniel. Antonio is horrified and helps Daniel up and drags him back to the dressing room.] [Raymer grabs mic from the old WPT MC lady] <Raymer> Listen up you punks Antonio and Daniel. In my hands I have a contract that I want you to sign that will pit us against one another, heads-up, in a steel-cage handicap match. [crowd goes wild] [cue shot of Daniel and Antonio with a look of horror on their face].

[Crew Music] <jim ross> Oh no! Here comes The Crew, Dutch Boyd, and Scott Fishman. [Raymer drops mic and goes nuts gesturing for The Crew to come down to the ring] <Boyd> Raymer! Just put that contract away, because I have a match scheduled for tonight against Phil Ivey. <Fishman> Yeah, Ivey, I have you all figured out. <Raymer> Shut up punks. Who has the World Championship Braclet on their wrist? [cue shot of the crew with angry faces], etc, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny, but the key to any Good ol' JR commentary is the liberal use of the word "folks" and "my god" and other things.

Greg Raymer hits Dutch Boyd with a chair.

Jim Ross: My God, folks, that man has a family. Would someone stop him? Would someone stop the damn match?

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com