View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Am I Going to Burn in Hell?

[ QUOTE ]
Felson, no offense, I am just wondering what a Christian could possibly be doing on a gambling site?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no offense taken. I'm mostly on these boards because I like poker, even though lately it sure doesn't seem that way. I don't think poker is necessarily sinful, although the potential for abuse is certainly there. In my case I don't see a contradiction between my being a Christian and gambling. Your mileage may vary.

About a month ago, another poster (goldcowboy I think) started a thread about the ethics of Christians and gambling. Believe it or not, that single thread is what generated all the ruckus you see today.

EDIT: It is possible that I am rationalizing a little here, although I don't think so (at least very much). Fortunately I know that God accepts me despite my flaws and sins (which is no excuse for me to persist with them).

Also, the second sentence of my post should read "... even though lately it seems like I am here more to talk about God than about poker" to make my meaning more clear.