View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Here\'s how I play them.

I agree that it's better to hit the straight than the flush, because it is harder for my opponents to read the hand. However, I have no problem with flopping a flush draw and I especially don't have a problem with hitting my flush when I do flop a draw. I'm guessing that your concern about a flush is that someone else might have a bigger flush. When this happens your preflop raise loses an extra small bet. When you do hit your hand though, the raise gains at least 5 extra small bets. Your made flush draw will be good far more times than it isn't, so those extra 5 bets you gain are worth a lot more than the one bet you lose on the rare occasions when you make your hand and it is no good.

For hand #1 this is a standard play for me with passive limpers. With agressive limpers, I'd be much more inlcined to muck my hand for fear of a limp/raise. I don't really mind my bad position here. If I flop a draw, great... I have correct odds to chase regardless of my position. If I don't, I have an easy fold whether I'm in EP or LP.