Thread: Fold a set?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Fold a set?

With the possibility of three opponents, I think you have to assume that a win will require a boat.

Any reason you didn't bet the flop? Putting out t100 is large enough to get out hands that don't have at least the flush draw, and small enough that you can get away from it.

In any case you checked, and we then have to deal with your opponents.

The t30 bet I'm happy to ignore. It looks like a weak effort to steal the pot - it happens all the time. If he were the only opponent, I'd come over the top and see if he meant what he said. If he reraises all-in, you know you're beat.

The min raise, however, is a problem. The only guy who wants to keep the betting alive and juice the pot has a made hand. If this were as far as things went I'd call this and see if I could dock a boat on the turn. (I did this last night in a NL ring game. It was a lovely and profitable hand.)

Then you've got the t300 bet. The problem here is that he didn't push, so I don't think he's got anything as beatable as top pair. Obviously you can't just call this, so you need to make a decision for your chips.

No way you should call.