View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Best Micro-Limit to start at

My recommendation would be Poker Stars. The site as a whole is much tighter and more serious than other sites. They offer .05/.10. For the most part people play as if they are playing with real money, the majority just play poorly (too loose pre-flop, not recognizing good hands or strong draws when they have them, no sense of position whatsoever, totally clueless as what they should be raising and not raising pre-flop and endless chasing with weak hands). You will also find good opponents as well.

But on the very rare occasion will you find somone call a 3-bet cold or capping the turn when they have bottom pair or similar crazy stuff you would see when playing in "play money" games.

I progressed the same way...I started with play money games and quickly grew to hate them because I figured out in about 2 nights that you just sit and wait until you have a monster and then bet/raise w/o stopping and then win.

So I discovered this site (2+2) and decided to play for real money. I spent 10,000 hands at PS .05/.1 and have now built up my bankroll enough to be playing .5/1 with 1/2 not far off.

I think with PS .05/.1 you will incur the least amount of risk and still gain a lot of experience. Get her a pre-flop chart to place next to the computer, have her save her hand histories, review and critique them for her on Poker Tracker's playback feature and within a matter of weeks she will be ten times better. Good luck.