View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Can you lie? Like, literally?

I couldn't find a rule specifically addressing what is/isn't allowed in terms of "table talk." (Other than the obvious - not talking about what cards you folded, etc.)

My feeling was that poker is ALL ABOUT lying. Joe was smart enough to take advantage of what we all knew about him and he suckered us all. Good for him.

The guy who lost basically said that a rule was broken, and in his words "if it had been in a real card room, it wouldn't be allowed." I didn't really think that was true, but couldn't say with any authority because I don't think I've ever seen that situation, even at the card club.

Incidentally - "Joe", being the nice guy that he is and being made to feel like he broke a rule, apologized and even offered to give him some of the pot back. I thought that was completely unneccessary. Player A, being the sore loser that he is, accepted $5 back. I thought that was completely spineless.

I know I said this was a friendly game, but jeez....
I felt like I couldn't really say much 'cause I wasn't involved in the hand. The other guys in the game just said "I wouldn't have given a dime back" and that was the end of the story.