View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 10:28 PM

Default Poker Bot - I\'ve coded it... but it\'s not winning - need AI guys.

Hey guys,

I posted this a while back, but I'm restarting this thread up.

I'm looking for some people who want to help me with a poker bot I've built. I've invested a lot of time and a decent amount of money into the project. I've coded it all myself with the exception of a few addons from outside developers.

It works well - and plays at PartyPoker at any Limit ring game. But it loses, because it doesn't have the player logic / AI logic (it plays based on Cards, the pot odds, and statistics). (checkout Univ of Alberta Poker pages - google this). I need coders who are familiar with Artificial Neural Network Programming. The logic from the UofA people is already on the net, and I've done a butload of research, but I just haven't coded it yet.

Anyway, technically there are two projects that I've spawned out of this Bot.

1) A bot that plays 24/7. My bot can sit there any play and play. If the num of players goes below a certain number, it leaves and joins another table, and then continues to play.

2) A bot that looks at the cards, and when it gets cards that the human operator sets to alert... then the computer makes a sound and the human can intervene and play the rest of the hand (this made me a butload at NOLIMIT - because I could just sit on my ass all day and work on another computer, while my poker computer would play at 4 tables, and alert me when I had AA, KK, QQ, pairs, etc...) but it took tooooo much of my time.

In the end I want to expand Bot1 and not Bot2 so that I can make money while I sleep :P

Lemme know if you are interested. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]