View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Annie Duke and Paul Phillips

[ QUOTE ]
Why waste time by responding to incendiary posts like the one that started this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check your premises. If it amuses me to reply then it's only time wasted by your measure, not by mine.

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you take the high road

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of roads. I think life would be a lot less interesting if everyone walked the road I think you're implying (the road where I'm much more selective about what I answer.) As well, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of lower roads than this one. My responses are civilized, anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
For one I find your posts insightful and entertaining and if you have happened to flaunt your ego in them (which I personally could not detect)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. That's part of the fascination of all this. Two reasonably intelligent people read a few of my posts: one develops a seething contempt while the other is only entertained. One pulls out his thesaurus so he can list all the synonyms for "egomaniac" in his vituperative response, and the other says he couldn't even detect it. Why do people tick so differently? I don't know either but if you can figure it out you'll probably do well at poker.