View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Would anyone lay this down?

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing on Party last night and ran into a very difficult decision. Blinds t300- 4 handed.
UTG(2000)
Button(1200)
SB(3500)
Hero(1300)
Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG min raises to 600. Button goes all-in for 1200. SB folds. What should Hero do here? Push or fold?
Appreciate any advise
-jah

P.S. I will post the results later.

[/ QUOTE ]

A critical part of this hand is that you have the Button covered, so if you both lose to UTG, you will get 3rd.

Call and don't be upset if UTG calls as well. You will have a great hand (and maybe triple up) AND UTG's hand as back up if you lose.

If UTG folded, you still have Ako - great hand to take a stand against someone who is probably a little desperate.

Good chance he has any ace - fantastic. Good chance he has small pair (note small pair plays terribly against two opponents if UTG calls).

If you had 1 chip less than the small stack then you "might" just fold depending on opponents and hope Button gets knocked out. I'd usually still probably call but it makes it a more interesting question.

gl