Thread: Super Thurs
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Super Thurs (Watching DavidRoss)

Congrats, David!

I was only able to watch for an hour or so (then my $10 SnG got waaaay too intense, and there was $50 at stake! But I don't have to tell you about big money.) Anyway, I was struck by two things:

-Watching you play is pretty damn dull. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I mean could you play a few more hands just to keep the railbirds entertained? But seriously, playing tight is key. You were well under the average stack (a problem woodguy has urged us to ignore), but did't start playing silly hands. You waited until you had a good spot (pocket 8s that were an overpair on the flop) and CRed all-in to double up.

-Take your time. Almost every bet you made, save the occasional open-raise from LP or completion from the SB, was preceeded by a 10-15 seconds of thought. I don't do this and I need to start. Not only does it give you the chance to go through multiple levels to thought (What do I have? What does he have? What does he think I have?) It screamed out, "This guy is paying attention. Take him seriously." I will remember this.

Anyway, I'm sorry I missed the rush that took you to the final table, but congrats again.