View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Card Rooms in Minneapolis?

so, speaking of minneapolis...

If I get this job, and I'm hoping I do - I'll be living there in a month or two.

My office would be in Bloomington on Norman Center Drive (at the 494 and 100 intersection).

How is the traffic in that part of town? I'll be doing some traveling as well so I'd be looking for semi-easy airport access and based on my very limited research to this point - it looks like I'd probably want to live somewhere south.

I live in Austin now which is ~ 1 million or so. For a town this size the traffic is absolutely horrific. Example - I live ~17 miles nearly all highway from my office and it regularly takes me 40-50 minutes to get there and back, often times closer to an hour each way.

I know Minneapolis is a great place to live with lots to do - I'd appreciate any locals feedback on where to live, etc... I checked the cost of living calculators and I couldn't believe that Minneapolis is higher than Austin, which is easily one of, if not the most expensive big city in Texas.

Thanks for the feedback though - I'll update the thread if it looks like I'll be there next weekend.