View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Drawing Hands and Pot Odds

Hero might have been better off 2-betting the flop to buy himself a free turn card, but that is not what you asked [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm interested in the answer too because I will use the same calculations to call a flop bet, and then fold on the turn because I don't have the odds to see the river.

btw - I think you have negaitve implied odds because even if you hit the straight on the river, you will not have a big enough pot to justify the call on the turn.

Assuming that both you and the MP limper calls the turn bet, the pot is now $60. If you hit your straight and both pay to see it, the pot now has $90 in it. That is still only 8:1 on your turn call, meaning you shouldn't have called it (it is 8:1 instead of 9:1 because your bet on the river does not count towards the implied odds).

This is a time where knowing your table can come into play. If you think that both opponents would call a raise on the river, then your odds would go up to 10:1 and it _may_ be close enough to make the call. Still dicey since a J may scare a pair of 7s, though a six may make the under straight.