Thread: party poker
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: party poker

Anyone who plays online goes through a period of distrust when they start. When I first signed up at a site I made my deposit and then withdrew $50, just to make sure I could actually get money out.

We hear complaints from people who won originally and then went through a bad stretch, simply because they are still around. The people who lose right out of the gate probably wuit and don't come back, so we never hear those stories, and the people who last a long time before their first bad run don't have anything to complain about.

THis doesn't only happen to new accounts. Last week I lost $6k between SUnday and Thursday, posting losses 4 days out of 5, the first time that has ever happened to me in 2.5 years of online play. Just when I was convinced I would never win again, I made $6,007 on Friday, my biggest single day win ever. It doesn't mean anything is fixed, those are the normal variations that are to be expected in a game of chance. You will get used to the swings eventually, but it will take a while.