Thread: Sandwiches
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Sandwiches

[ QUOTE ]
However, about 8 blocks away are the Vietnamese sandwich shops. There, they make delicious sandwiches on fresh tasty baguettes. Filled with lots of succulent fresh roasted seasoned pork or BBQ chicken or all sorts of other delicious meats and some delicious carrots/cucumbers/onions/cilantro/etc, a little dab of pate and mayo. Delicious. These sandwiches go from $2 to $2.50 and are better than most any deli sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second (or third or fourth) this vote. My wife found a small sandwich shop like this outside of Seattle. Same pricing, like $2 or $2.50 per sandwich. They put some sort of spicy seasoning on the pork one, which if you get a bite with a lot of spice, will make your eyes water. It's great.

The best part is when we have a housewarming to go to, or other party where we need to bring food, a lot of times we'll just go pick up 4 or 5 sandwiches, slice them up on a plate, and we've got an easy dish for like $10.

Unfortunately I haven't found one of these places in Olympia yet (which is about an hour south of Seattle, for non-Washingtonians). [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]