Thread: First hand AA
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: First hand AA

I hate this flop, but I think I probably still have the best hand. I really don't want my opponents to see a cheap turn, so I would make a pot-sized raise to try to take the pot down right there. If I got flat-called, I would proceed with caution as I would suspect I was beaten already. If I got flat-called and a flush/straight card came on the turn, I would go into check/fold mode. If I got flat-called and a blank came on the turn...I'd feel like I had a hard decision. Depending on who was still in the pot and how they had been betting, I might bet/raise all-in, or I might fold. I would never just call/check in that situation.
If I got re-raised all-in on the flop, I would probably call as long as it was gonna be heads-up. I wouldn't be all that worried about a set or two pair as I think he would have made a strong bet to protect his hand. I don't think he would necessarily check to the preflop raiser as he would be worried that this coordinated flop would scare the raiser out of betting. So, I would suspect a flush/straight/flush+straight draw. I wouldn't be excited to call, but I'd probably do it.