View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 12:13 PM

Default I am writing statistical software and I need your input.

Hello,

I am writing real time statistical software for online Texas holdem’ and I could really use your input. First I’ll describe what it does now and what I want it to do.

Currently all it does is keep track of the % of times your opponent sees the flop. It computes this statistic in real time. This means it starts gathering and revealing data right away and updates as you keep playing.

What I want it to do is keep about 3-10 vital stats on each opponent you are playing against. There are reasons that won’t go into here as to why I don’t want to keep more stats.

So, I could really use your input as to what are the most important real time statistics you would like to see.

Also, I am aware that there are far superior software apps out there and that mine will not be better. So why am I writing it?

1: It’s probably going to be free or very cheap (like $9.95)
2: I’m a programmer and I’m doing this for fun. That’s right I’m a geek and proud of it!

Here are the stats I am potentially going to record:

1. % of times a player voluntarily puts money in Pre-Flop.
2. % of times a player raises Pre-Flop.
3. % of times a player folds their Big Blind to what appears to be a steal.
4. % of times a player voluntarily puts money in on the Flop.
5. % of times a player voluntarily puts money in on the Turn.
6. % of times a player voluntarily puts money in on the River.
7. % of actions that are raises, calls, checks, and folds.
8. Overall how much money this opponent has won/lost to you.

I will also keep at least 10 stats on the entire table. So far I have these:

1. % of players who are seeing flop.
2. Avg. Pot size based on last X number of hands.
3. Number of hands per hour.
4. % of actions that are raises, calls, checks, and folds.

Any input is greatly appreciated and anyone who contributes a stat I use or any other valuable input will definitely get the software for free if I even decide to charge at all. After I get a lot of input I’m going to put up a poll to see which stats people most want to see. Thanks in advance!