View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: What is the best poker play you\'ve seen on TV?

[ QUOTE ]
Final 3 players in the WPT Championship.

Barry Greenstein's preflop all-in raise with 73o (?) after dreamkiller (or whatever) led out with a big bet that the carwash owner agonized over and then called. Barry had them both covered and they both folded. It's easily the most beautiful play I've seen on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember it being quite the same.

The WPT instance was particularly great because of how much the carwash owner agonized before calling the first bet. Barry just played right off it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This play came about differently than it appeared.

I missed making a good play earlier where Chip raised in, desperate to see a flop (because I had been bullying people around), and James Tippin made a weak call. I folded and promised myself the next time someone raises in and James makes a weak call I am going to reraise. The extra money from James made this play worthwhile.

Randy had loosened up, after a tight start. He raised in and I was ready to make the play even before James acted. His first second of hesitation was fine, but the more he agonized the worse I felt. I thought Randy might decide I was raising because of James's obvious weakness and this may sway him into calling me with a marginal hand.

I had 9-3 offsuit, by the way.

Barry