View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: question about high/small stakes

Is this issue even something that needs to be debated? I mean I would like to assume everyone in this forum realizes the differences between the limits, and that its not something that requires some deep thread. People who PLAY cards play exactly what they want to get their excitement level with how much they are willing to gamble. For some this can be a very high limit based on their income. And they need more $ on the table to get their excitement. For the majority of people who play their incomes are not large and they do not need thousands at stake to get their excitement. For people who WORK cards so to speak, they will play exactly the limits their bankroll and skill level can properly maintain. So this pretty clearly equates to a gradual increase in skill level as you rise through the limits. I am sure there are days where a 5/10 NL is a softer game then a 1/2 NL game somewhere in the world. That doesen't mean that the averages don't dictate a general increase in difficulty. I don't play much higher then 2/4 NL with a 100BB structure but I think in general low/mid stakes players like to beleive they could play in the other games because they play well in their games, and they see people making poor moves in higher limit games. But the higher limit games take a certain disregard for money at that limit to properly play them. And in general most lower stakes players would not cope with this properly because the money at stake means so much more to them...