View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: How much of an edge woud the best players fold early?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I agree totally, but I can see his point.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this particular subject I am perhaps more strident than usual because people say things like you have in the above. I mean, what does it take for total agreement? My desire to have faith in the basic intelligence of pokerkind is severely tested when some people are so resistant to a straightforward and laboriously elaborated mathematical illustration.

Obviously I'm generally fairly confident in opinions expressed: this isn't news. Is that a bug or a feature? How well are you served if you disagree out of spite?

[ QUOTE ]
I respect his point, in part because he phrased it like a discussion, not an argument with a prize for the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the sort of basis on which you make decisions then you are likely to continue to struggle. This subject only seems like a discussion with an uncertain outcome to you because you don't understand it. I could pretend that it's a give and take of ideas where we're each on a path of intellectual discovery, but pretending is not my strong suit. In reality it's just me and others beating our heads against the wall for no apparent reason.

[ QUOTE ]
Refer to the best lesson my mother ever gave me "If you can't say anything nice..."

[/ QUOTE ]

If my writings on this subject fall under your "not nice" category then I doubt whether most people would prefer me to follow your advice.