View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Does this move mean AA?

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a whole slew of cards putting people all in pre flop that are really bad.

However, I would still probably fold everything but AA-QQ. I'm not a fan of coin flips.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you stated in another "poster did not tell his hand". The above was what I was looking for. What you would call with given the above situation.

Personally, I guess I give people too much credit, as I would, facing this raise and reraise, would only make this move with AA. The initial raise to $2 preflop is a standard on party's 25NL with blinds of .25/.50. My reraise to $7 should have signaled a high pocket pair. The only hand that made sense to me to put someone all-in was AA. I can't see AK (suited or not) doing this. Then again, this is Party, and one of the reasons that I posted this.

Only read from the guy that I had was that he didn't seem to do anything stupid, hadn't seen a raise like that from him. But then I have started playing 4 tables at once and have had increased variance and have since stopped. I need to be able to watch my opponents and therefore have been sticking to 2 tables.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't say what hand I folded, as again I wanted to see what people would call with. Obviously, if I had AA, I was calling all-in. However, as Chris Daddy Cool put it, I know that you'd all call me a "weak-tight mofo" for folding my hand, so there was no need to hear what I already knew. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]